9am – 11:30am
April 7, 14, 21, 28
May 5 and 12
This training will prepare participants to host healing circles in support of the health and healing of self, family, and community. The objective of this series is to create a network of Healing Circle facilitators by training Healing Practitioners and Community Health Workers/Promotores who have a strong motivation to incorporate healing circles into their practice and would like to offer healing circles in their communities or organizations.
- Learn about the history and context of healing circles
- Learn key concepts, formats, and tools for facilitating a healing circle
- Improve capacity to use the tools, listen actively, and hold a safe compassionate space. Each session will incorporate different tools.
- Learn the limitations of talking circles and your role as the facilitator
- Learn decolonization practices and considerations
- Prepare to hold a healing circle in your community or organization
- Receive materials to support your healing circle practice
709 Fifth Ave.
San Rafael, CA 94901