Join the team
Part & Full-Time Positions
San Rafael, California
Spanish Radio Host
The Multicultural Center of Marin, an established and growing grassroots community empowerment organization in San Rafael, CA, seeks a Host for the Cuerpo Corazon Comunidad radio show. The Multicultural Center of Marin works with immigrants and low-income families of Marin County to advance their social, cultural, and economic well-being through self-empowerment programs that encourage participation in the broader civic life of US society. Our programs promote leadership, economic development, and social, restorative, and environmental justice.
The Cuerpo Corazon Comunidad Host, in collaboration with the Radio Studio Manager and Marin County BHRS, plans and hosts the weekly, 1-hour long, Spanish-speaking radio show, Cuerpo Corazon Comunidad (Wednesdays at 11am).
- Hosting of full 1-hour weekly radio show.
- Attend once monthly planning meeting with Radio Studio Manager, Production Assistant, and other support staff, to help support and identify topics and guests.
- Support Radio Studio Manager with the contact and invitation of guests, as needed.
- Contact guests before the show to discuss the talking points the guest provides.
- Proofread weekly promo for distribution.
- Finalize the Rundown for show, research tips, ideas, and videos with messages related to the topic of the show.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Experience with radio production: on air in a live environment.
- Ability to write and voice Spanish content in audio and video.
- Ability to engage with diverse populations in a respectful and culturally responsive manner.
- Familiarity with the Spanish-speaking, working-class immigrant community in Marin County.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, priorities, and programs to completion in a constantly changing environment.
- A communication and management style that fosters team relationships and an interpersonal style that is service-oriented and supportive of other departments.
- Be self-motivated with the initiative to develop systems and procedures to produce top-quality media that is important to the Marin County community.
- An interest in collaborating with MCM staff and management to support the advancement and attainment of strategic goals.
- Ability to use personal vehicle for local travel mileage reimbursed at the standard federal rate. Must be insurable under MCM’s auto policy.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and use a computer.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 15 lbs.
This is a part-time (6 hours per week), non-exempt, hybrid position based in San Rafael, CA. The hourly rate is $30 depending on experience.
Interested applicants can apply here.
MCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a workplace that celebrates and reflects the diversity of our community. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.