Sea Level Rise Steering Committee
BE PART OF THE SOLUTION TO SAN RAFAEL’S SEA LEVEL RISE.
What will the Sea Level Rise Steering Committee do?
Who can join to Sea Level Rise Steering Committee?
Why do we need a sea level rise feasibility study?
Global warming has increased the instances of flooding in low-lying neighborhoods. The feasibility study is an informed technical study of sea level rise adaptation. It will provide options to improve the shoreline of San Rafael.
What will I be expected to do if I participate?
• Commit for two years to serve on the steering committee
• Attend two trainings or community engagements per year
• Learn about sea level rise impacts and solutions
• Guide the inclusion of community input
• Financial stipends are available for those that qualify
What Agencies are supporting the sea level rise feasibility study?
Steps to Apply
Only applications submitted by people who live, own a home, run a small business, or rent an apartment in the affected area outlined in the map will be considered. Submissions will be open until positions are filled.
Please follow the instructions below:
• If printed, the application must be printed in dark ink and mailed or hand-delivered.
• Please read the entire announcement and application.
• Answer each question to the best of your ability.