Multicultural Center of Marin
The Multicultural Center of Marin, an established and growing grassroots community
empowerment organization in San Rafael, CA, seeks a reliable and well-organized Office Manager. The Multicultural Center of Marin works with immigrants and low-income families of Marin County to advance their social, cultural and economic well-being through self-empowerment programs that encourage participation in the broader civic life of US society.
Our programs promote leadership, economic development, and social, restorative and environmental justice.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Office Manager will be responsible for the
seamless operation of office systems, including electronic and paper records, IT systems, and daily communications. They will work closely with the Office Administrator to carry out tasks.
Organize office operations and procedures
• Organize and maintain shared computer files
• Organize and maintain paper files
• Maintain contact databases
• Coordinate Executive Director’s calendar, staff schedules, and meetings
• Maintain and troubleshoot IT system, including train staff in using their accounts, ensure
proper functioning, and liaise with the IT Consultant
• Maintain staff records
• Assist with preparing payroll
• Assist with coordinating volunteers
• Develop internal and external communication systems
• Prepare written communications such as emails and thank you letters
• Assist with handling Executive Director’s emails and phone messages
• Assist with answering phones as needed
• At least two years of experience as an administrative assistant or other office
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Experience creating and/or maintaining systems such as databases, spreadsheets, and digital and paper filing systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot minor IT issues
• Interest and ability to become expert in applications such as WordPress, MailChimp,
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management and attention to detail
• Commitment to social equity
• Conversational Spanish language skills
This is a full-time position. $42,000-45,000 annually depending on experience.
Medical and dental benefits included.
Interested applicants should apply by January 27, 2020 at