Multicultural Center of Marin
Director of Programs
The Multicultural Center of Marin, an established and growing grassroots community empowerment organization in San Rafael, CA, seeks an experienced and motivated Director of Programs. The Multicultural Center of Marin works with immigrants and low-income families of
Marin County to advance their social, cultural and economic well-being through self-empowerment programs that encourage participation in the broader civic life of US society.
Our programs promote leadership, economic development, and social, restorative and environmental justice. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director Programs will be responsible for the operation and success of MCM’s three program areas, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, evaluation and quality control. The Director of Programs will manage a growing staff of ten (part-time and full-time).
Program Operational Leadership
• Oversee the implementation of all programs, including program evaluation plans
• Partner with the Executive Director and Director of Operations to establish program implementation timelines, manage effectively within these timelines, and provide updates regarding changes in timelines
• As a member of MCM’s Executive Team, partner with the Executive Director, Director of Operations, Board and staff to develop and align strategic direction of the organization, program areas, and individual programs
• Assist with preparing an annual budget for each program, manage effectively within these annual budgets, and provide updates regarding changes in budget needs
• Assist in preparation of project budgets, timelines, evaluation data, and program updates for proposals and reports to funders
Team Management and Development
• Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all program staff.
• Implement a professional development and training program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
• Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
• Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
• Assist with recruitment and hiring as well as overseeing training and orientation of all program staff members.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team and program management experience to help grow and further develop a proven grassroots organization. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the ED and Director of Operations, and work collaboratively with staff members to build a strong complement of programs.
Specific requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least five years of experience, with three of those in a team management role.
• Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models
• Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience developing and implementing program evaluation systems
• Strength in managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance
• Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for MCM’s mission
• Spanish language skills a plus
This is a full-time position. $60,000-65,000 annually depending on experience. Medical and dental benefits included.
Interested applicants should submit resume and cover letter by November 7, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.