Generating New Ideas. Solving Big Problems.
The forum provided insight and confirmation(according to our research) to the community’s largest hurdles.
Questionnaires Filled Out
H&HS Surveys Completed
What are the most urgent issues you face in the neighborhood?
- Rent – 88%
- Crime – 47%
- Jobs – 45%
- Access to Food – 16%
- Security & Safety – 57%
- Access to Health Care – 45%
- Racism – 39%
- Transportation – 12%
What the community indicated about Health & Human Services.
Did you find the presentations and the forum useful?
Were you aware of H&HS’s responsibility to the community?
Can you say that H&HS is performing their responsibility effectively?
Number of attendees stating they need support with the following issues.
Goal Setting Assistance
Classes for Parents
Are you satisfied with your living situation?
Are you prepared in case of a natural disaster in the Canal?
What attendees said was most helpful from the forum.
The information that they gave us, was in Spanish, and that we met the people that were in charge.
All the information.
Everything is very interesting about health and immigration.
Everything was useful because I didn’t have much information about many things.
– More space that accommodates the number of people that attended
– Better equipment for interpretation needs
– More community input and dialogue; fewer speakers
– More childcare accommodations
– Presenting the information to relevant parties
– Publishing information on MCM website
– Setting up next community forum