Join the team
Part & Full-Time Positions
San Rafael, California
Director of Programs
The Multicultural Center of Marin, an established and growing grassroots community empowerment organization in San Rafael, CA, seeks an experienced and motivated Director of Programs. The Multicultural Center of Marin works with immigrants and low-income families of Marin County to advance their social, cultural, and economic well-being through self-empowerment programs that encourage participation in the broader civic life of US society.
Our programs promote leadership, economic development, and social, restorative, and environmental justice. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Programs will be responsible for the operation and success of MCM’s three program areas, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, evaluation, and quality control. The Director of Programs will 2manage a staff of fifteen full and part-time employees.
Program Operational Leadership
- Oversee the implementation of all programs, including program evaluation plans.
- Partner with the Executive Director and Director of Organizational Development to establish program implementation timelines, manage effectively within these timelines and provide updates regarding changes in timelines.
- As a member of MCM’s Executive Team, partner with the Executive Director, Director
of Organizational Development, Director of Operations, Board, and staff to develop and align the strategic direction of the organization, program areas, and individual programs.
- Assist with preparing an annual budget for each program, manage effectively within these annual budgets, and provide updates regarding changes in budget needs.
- Assist in preparation of project budgets, timelines, evaluation data, and program updates for proposals, reports to funders, and reports to the Board Team Management and Development.
- Develop and implement a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all program staff.
- Implement a professional development and training program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards.
- Assist with recruitment and hiring as well as overseeing training and orientation of all program staff members.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team and program management experience to help grow and further develop a proven grassroots organization. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the ED and Director of Organizational Development, and work collaboratively with staff members to build a strong complement of programs.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least five years of experience, with three of those in a team management role.
- Demonstrated success in developing and evaluating program models.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience developing and implementing program evaluation systems.
- Strength in managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility and performance.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for MCM’s mission.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
This is a full-time position. $60,000-65,000 annually depending on experience. Medical and dental benefits included.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by November 30, 2020 here.