Mentor at Marin’s
Part and Full-Time Positions
San Rafael, California
Mentor at Marin’s Community School
The Multicultural Center of Marin, an established and growing grassroots community empowerment organization in San Rafael, CA, seeks mentors to work with youth attending Marin’s Community School. The Multicultural Center of Marin works with immigrants and low-income families of Marin County to advance their social, cultural and economic well-being through self-empowerment programs. that encourage participation in the broader civic life of US society. Our programs promote leadership, economic development, and social, restorative and environmental justice.
- Work with students individually or in small groups at Marin’s Community School
- Coach students to develop social-emotional learning skills that will enable them to access their education and set them on a pathway to success
- Support students in making progress in their personal learning plans
- Use restorative practice protocols to repair harm
- Periodically participate in field trips with students and other mentors
- Model appropriate behavior for students and hold students accountable for all school rules and policies
- Attend staff meetings as needed
- Believes that, given the right opportunities and resources, all students have the ability to achieve at high levels
- Has at least one year of experience working with adolescents
- Has an understanding of the needs of low-income communities in Marin
- Has the ability to work in a team
- Can develop rapport with Marin’s Community School students
- Has social and emotional learning competence or training (desired but not required, training provided)
- Has experience with educational technology applications and/or a familiarity with computers (desired but not required, training provided)
- Bilingual in English and spoken Spanish
- Spanish language skills
This position may be Part Time (20 hours/week) or Full Time (40 hours/week) at $22+ per hour depending on experience and education.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Douglas Mundo at the address below. For questions, please contact Douglas Mundo at 415-526-2486.
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until position is filled.
MULTICULTURAL CENTER OF MARIN
30 N. SAN PEDRO RD. SUITE 250
SAN RAFAEL, CA 94903